Our work Grove Gardens Chapel Restoration Environment Trust restored and renovated the chapel, financed by grants from English Heritage, Heritage Lottery Fund and local donations. It is a major addition to the borough’s architectural heritage. This attractive Grade II listed chapel located off Lower Grove Road Richmond, was built in 1873 to a design by Sir William Blomfield. He worked mainly on ecclesiastical buildings, usually in the Gothic style, and in many parts of the country and the colonies, including the Falkland Islands. Designs include: Queen’s School at Eton College, Church House in Dean’s Yard Westminster and the Cathedral Library at Hereford. Blomfield’s classical works include the Bank of England from 1883. Knighted in 1891 Blomfield was also awarded the gold medal from the Royal Institute of British Architects for his distinguished works. Blomfield was later to design Christ Church in Kew Road in 1893. The entry on Grove Gardens Chapel in Pevsner’s Buildings of England reads "Richmond Cemetery, Grove Road E. of Queens Road. 1861 Two Gothic chapels of imaginative design, with plate tracery". However, 1875 is the now the accepted date as confirmed by letters from the parish clerk to the diocese specifying the site of the chapel to replace an original one nearby. The chapel is owned by the Diocese of Southwark which has granted a lease to Environment Trust. We ensure the chapel is well maintained and currently the chapel serves the community as a nursery.